Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing 19

I have a huge list of bookmarks on my computer. Due to the nature of my position, I sometimes only see groups of students once a week and need to remember the website I used in the past. However, with my aging memory, I struggle to recall the name !

This social bookmarking is just for me! I'm excited about getting to use it in Thing 20.

Tagging does seem to be a great way to organize my bookmarks. I think mine are currently organized by date or ABC order. Tagging will allow me to "cross-reference" like I do with my current files in my cabinet. (I wish I could tag in my filing cabinets as easy as this seems to be!)

When I read the 13 things about tagging, my initial question was answered. I wasn't sure what lingo or words to use in my tags. It suggests to follow the crowd a bit, observe how others have tagged and then try it out. That will be my plan.

1 comment:

  1. As you get into using sites like delicious, you will wonder how you ever got along without using them. I use delicious as my search engine.

    I find that if I am looking for something, a human can do a much better job at describing something than a search engine that matches only the frequency of words from my query.

    Thanks for your great thoughts on how you will use social bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete