Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing 22

I am a fan of youtube (and so are my own children) and have found some simply hilarious clips. I can also see the latest clips from late night talk shows that I may have missed. I use teachertube for my personal use and have shown only a few with my students. There is one teacher who does a rap for algebra that is pretty unique and helps give my students a mnemonic to remember the 4 basic steps.

I just tried out schooltube and TED for the first time. Schooltube has some tutorials on how to use video with students that I plan to research. I like the games as well. I want to try to link the game of simon on my wiki or blog for my students. I think I can now that I have had this class.

I really like this TED. I will search it for some professional development this year. There is one on how the brain creates meaning that I found interesting. I never heard of TED before and...wow!

Now, for the tricky part - how do I use it with my students aside from just "showing" them the clips? Schooltube will help, but I am not proficient in this skill yet. I have interviewed my student before and put it onto DVD to show at a board meeting, but that's about it.
I'll keep working on it b/c I think the majority of our students are visual-spatial learners and this way of teaching/learning would match thier styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment