Okay, I'm not a big fan of facebook or twitter. Conan O'Brien does a spoof on his show called the "tweet tracker" where he pokes fun at the latest tweets by Hollywood stars. Frankly, I'm not interested in such frivolity.
Now the twitter search may have some merit. I did a search for my city and also followed some top searches that I enjoyed reading. I also stumbled upon some information in which I was interested regarding Fulton Street Market.
During the week of the Festival of the Arts this year, the Grand Rapids Press published some "tweets" during each day of the event. They were truly a pleasure to read. I am interested in the "craft" of writing tweets. With only 140 characters allowed, precision in word choice is a must and would be fun to create. I plan to study tweets a bit further, find some well crafted ones and use them to teach some writing with my older students. It might be fun to communicate that way for a class period, keeping in mind the precision of word choice.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment